Gain peace of mind knowing you've cared for your family's future
The most loving action a person can take for his or her family is to plan for the future. Having a legally valid estate plan in place when you pass helps avoid uncertainty and disputes among beneficiaries. It can also dictate action if you become incapacitated and cannot speak for yourself.
We have crafted hundreds of plans for their clients and can tailor your estate plan to your specific needs. Among the tools we consider are:
- Wills—An essential element of any estate plan is a will. Without a will, your estate will be administered by the state. Your assets then may not be distributed according to your wishes.
- Trusts—Setting up a trust can protect your assets now from adverse tax implications as well as in the future.
- Living wills, advance healthcare directives and durable powers of attorney—If you become incapacitated, an advance healthcare directive and a living will provide instructions about your specific wishes for medical care, such as life-sustaining treatment, organ donation and body disposition; a durable power of attorney allows someone you trust to handle your financial affairs.
Click here for our Estate Planning Information Form>>>
Navigate through the maze of estate administration when you've lost a loved one
The steps you must take as an estate executor come at the worst possible time: when you are dealing with the aftermath of your loved one's death. The estate administration attorneys of Tyrrell Mason & Pillote, P.C. can guide you step by step through probating your loved one's will:
- Proving in court that your loved one's will is valid
- Identifying and inventorying the property your loved one left behind
- Appraising the estate
- Paying debts and taxes
- Distributing property as directed by the will
- Transferring title and ownership of assets to the proper beneficiaries
With more than 90 years of combined experience, our attorneys can help you get through the probate process as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Trust in our experience
The Rockville, Maryland offices of Tyrrell Mason & Pillote, P.C. are located one-quarter mile from the White Flint Metro Station and along the Montgomery County Ride On bus route. If you cannot come to us, we will gladly come to you. Call us at 301-984-4790 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. We look forward to discussing your situation with you.
Serving Maryland and Washington, D.C.